menubar

February 25, 2012

French Vanilla Cupcakes…..Yummy!!

Sorry it’s been so long since I’ve updated, it’s been a crazy busy month. I had a few projects I wanted to share for Valentine’s Day, but never got a chance to finish them up in time to share. I’m currently trying to come up with some ideas for St. Patrick’s Day. I’ve never decorated for St. Patty’s Day so I don’t have anything yet to put out, but this year I’d really like to. It’s kind of an over looked holiday, it’s pretty evident by how hard it is to find decorations for it. I checked at places like Walmart, and could only find cards and shirts. They have seemed to skipped straight to Easter. I found a few items at a Michael’s store, that I hope to incorporate into something cute.

Anyways….. about the cupcakes…lol. Yesterday I made some cupcakes for a fundraiser for my son’s Cub Scout pack. I think they turned out very yummy. I used my favorite cake mix, French Vanilla by Betty Crocker, and some Duncan Hines whipped cream cheese frosting. I colored them green for St. Patty’s Day. When I used this cake mix, I like to use the directions for the Classic French Vanilla Cake. Some of the boxes have the other directions for the Classic but not all of them, so I’d thought I’d share it with you. The main differences are: instead of 1 1/4 cups of water, you use 1 cup of milk. Instead of 1/3 cup of vegetable oil, use 1/3 cup of butter or margarine, softened, and instead of 3 eggs, use 4. The only other difference in the recipe, is decreasing the baking time by 1 minute. To me, the cake has better flavor this way. I think next time I make this I’ll color it purple, my favorite color…lol.




Pin It Now!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...