menubar

March 9, 2012

St. Patrick’s Day Vase Deco

I've been working on this all week, and I’m pretty satisfied with how it turned out. I had done something similar for Valentine's but didn't quite get it finished in time to share.
For my St. Patty's Day version I changed a few things. I put yellow and green jelly beans in the bottom of the vase. I clipped some twigs from my trees outside, and I also put some shamrock garland with a ribbon around the top part of the vase. The shamrocks that are hanging from the twigs were the most time consuming part. They are glitter foam stickers I found at Michael’s, that I attached clear monofilament string to, with a green card stock paper backing. The time consuming part was cutting the paper…lol. Over all it wasn’t too hard to put together, and I think it turned out really cute. Another nice thing was that it’s pretty inexpensive to put together. I already had the vase on hand, from some flowers my hubby had sent to me for our anniversary. The ribbon, candy, garland and foam shamrock stickers cost me around $6. When it gets closer to Easter I’ll probably change it up again, with an Easter theme.


Pin It Now!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...