menubar

April 5, 2012

Quick and Easy Fried Rice

This is one of my favorite quick and easy meals to throw together, and my kids love it. I don’t really pay much attention to measurements on this one, you can experiment with this and tailor it to your taste.

I usually start out by preparing the rice. I use Minute white rice, since it only take about 5 mins, and I prepare 4 servings (2 cups rice, 2 cups water).
In a covered glass dish I heat up the vegetables. Typically I use frozen broccoli and frozen carrots, but you can use other combinations like corn and peas.
While those items are being prepared, I start cooking the meat, in a 4qt stock pot. This recipe is great with ham, hot dogs, lil smokies, or polish sausage. Whatever you have on hand. Just cut up whatever you use in bite size pieces.
Once the meat is heated through, I add the vegetables.
Then the rice…
Season it to taste. I use salt, pepper, and some Mrs. Dash. Then add eggs. I use 4 large eggs. Continue cooking until the eggs are cooked through.
Serve with soy sauce. Enjoy!!


Pin It Now!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...