menubar

September 10, 2012

Navajo Tacos Recipe

This is a very easy and yummy recipe my best-friend shared with me. She explained to me how to make it. I’m not sure if this is exactly how she does it, but it works for me. It’s easy to throw together, but it does take a little planning ahead.

The base of the tacos is made with Rhodes dinner rolls. This is the planning ahead part. I get how ever many rolls I’ll need, for dinner, out in the morning. I place the frozen rolls in a casserole dish with plastic wrap over top. I let it sit on the counter during the day to rise.
When it’s time to start preparing dinner, I heat about 2 inches of oil in a pan, a little above medium heat. I also start heating up 2 cans of chili (the amount of chili to use depends on how many people are eating). Then using a rolling pin I roll out the dough until it’s flat and thin. I place them one at a time in the oil, cooking them until they are a light golden color. If they brown to quickly, you may want to lower the temp a little. They will bubble up. Once they are cooked, I place them on a paper towel lined plate to drip off the excess oil.
Once you have finished cooking all the rolls, you can start layering your toppings, beginning with your chili. Add as much, or as little as you want. I personally like cheese, lettuce, sour cream, olives, and salsa on mine. You can use whatever taco type toppings you and your family like. Enjoy!

Pin It Now!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...