menubar

October 13, 2012

DIY Halloween Ghost Decoration

I saw this cute idea floating around on Pinterest by Simply Designing and thought I’d give it a try. I did mine a little bit different from hers, but both ways look really cute. I’m really happy with how it turned out. They are fun, and simple to make.

 

All you need to make these:

  • Styrofoam balls ( I used medium sized ones, but you can use any size you want.)
  • Black acrylic paint
  • Cheesecloth
  • Clear twine (fishing line, or the kind you find with jewelry making supplies)
  • Hot glue gun

Start out with painting eyes on your Styrofoam balls. I originally tried doing the eyes with a sharpie, and unfortunately it didn’t work very well. So I got out my black paint and did them with that. Make sure you let the paint completely dry (may take a couple hours) otherwise the paint will get all over your cheesecloth. I made that mistake on one of them because I got to impatient…lol. You can cut the cheesecloth to whatever length you would like. Once the paint for the eyes has dried, you can drape the cheesecloth over the balls, trying to get it as close to centered as possible. To hang them, I used the clear twine and poked the ends into the Styrofoam balls. Then I put a dab of hot glue where I stuck the twine to hold it in place. Give the hot glue a few minutes to set up and harden before you try hanging them.

Pin It Now!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...