menubar

October 1, 2012

Simple Meatloaf with BBQ Sauce

This is one of my favorite, easy to make, meatloaf recipes. I love the flavor the barbeque sauce gives it. This is one of the recipes my children love.


Sometimes I cook this meatloaf in a 8x11 casserole dish, depending on how much fat content the ground beef has. Otherwise I use one of those Perfect Meatloaf pans. I don’t usually like dark colored bake ware, because items tend to get over cooked, but I do like how that pan keeps the meatloaf raised an inch or so from the bottom. The edges tend to come out a little drier than I like, but at least it’s not sitting in the grease from the meat.
Simple Meatloaf with BBQ Sauce
2 eggs
2 lbs. lean ground beef
1 pkg of stuffing (like Stove Top)
1 cup of water
*1/2 cup barbeque sauce, divided
**Dry chopped onions, garlic salt & pepper
Preheat oven to 375°F.
If you have a stand mixer, like a KitchenAid, it’ll make mixing the ingredients so much easier. Just throw everything into the bowl, attach the flat beater, and mix on the low speed until everything is incorporated.
Then shape the meat mixture and put into what ever pan you decide to bake it in. Pour a little barbeque sauce onto the top of the meatloaf, and spread it over the surface.
Bake for 1 hour or until cooked through.
Makes 8 servings.
* The amount of barbeque sauce you use in this recipe is entirely up to you, I typically use 1/3 –1/2 a cup within the meat mixture, and then whatever amount it takes to coat the top. Also, when I serve the meatloaf I like to pour a little more barbeque sauce on the top of each piece.
** I prefer to use dry chopped onions in meatloaf, because fresh onions tend to add too much moisture, causing it to fall apart. Use as little or as much as you like. Same with the garlic salt and pepper, season it to your taste.
Enjoy!

Pin It Now!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...